Friday, November 13, 2009

Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza


I love pizza.  But, recently, with our diet changes, the pizza from Pizza Hut and others make me feel sick.  I am guessing it is the oil in them.  I'm not sure, but whatever it is, it makes me glad that I have my Mom's homemade dough recipe that is the best I have ever come across.  Her sauce is also very yummy.  My friends in high school used to ask me to ask my mom to make her pizza.  Thanks mom for sharing this recipe with me, my friends and now whoever reads this blog.  You'll need to plan this dinner ahead, as you need time for the dough to rise.  Enjoy!

1 1/4 C water with 1 TBS yeast and 1 TBS sugar.  Let sit for about 5 min.  Add 1/2 C butter, softened and 3 cups flour.  You can use any combination of flour.  I use 1/2 of each.  Mix and make into a nice soft ball, cover and let rise.  If you are pressed for time, you can use right away, but letting it rise for at least an hour is best.  I have even let it rise for 3 hours before.  It made it go just a little farther.

Use with your own sauce or the one below (I suggest the one below.)

1 can Tomato Soup
1 can 8 oz tomato sauce
2 TBS brown sugar
2 good sqeeezes of ketchup
2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
a few shakes of Garlic powder and onion powder
1/4 c pinapple juice, but only if you already have some on hand.

Mix all together in a pot and simmer for 30 min or so.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment