Friday, November 6, 2009

Pumpkin Bread


I love the pumpkin bread at Great Harvest.  It is so good and oily.  The chocolate seems to melt in my mouth.  It is also almost $4 per loaf, which I'm not a big fan of.  I had a 1/2 can left over pumpkin mix from my husbands last nights creation, and so I used what I already know with my banana bread, and mixed up two loaves of pumpkin heaven.  Goes great with apple cider and a good movie.  I suggest everyone try it!

Ingredients:
-1/2 c butter
-2 eggs
-1 c brown sugar
-1/2 c white sugar

Mix these items together until creamy and add the following:
-1 1/4 c white flour
-1/2 c whole wheat flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp cinnimon
-1/2 tsp. nutmeg
-1/2 tsp. salt

Mix these items together and then add 8 oz canned pumpkin and 1/2 c water and 1 cup chocolate chips.  Mix and pour into 2 bread loaf pans.  Bake about 30 min. at 350.  Yummy Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment