Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Banana Bread Goodness

I love banana bread. I get giddy when I see bananas going bad. Ryan comes in at a close second as a fan. This morning I awoke to 6 bananas begging to be mixed, baked and eaten. This recipe is the best I have found, and after adapting it to my own tastes, it is, of course, THE BEST BANANA BREAD EVER! I figure if I'm going to make the effort, I might as well make a big batch. This recipe will make 4 loaves that are 6"X4" and about 2" high. Add some spray butter and you've got one yummy treat. Again, I'm slowly adding wheat flour to our diet, so I used 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat flour.
INGREDIENTS
  1. 4 c Flour (1/2 of each kind)
  2. 2 tsp Baking Soda
  3. 1/2 tsp Salt
  4. 1 c White Sugar & 1 c Dark Brown Sugar
  5. 2 eggs
  6. 1 c butter, or you can use 1/2 c Butter and 1/2 c Applesauce
  7. 6 going bad bananas
Mix with beaters butter and sugars together. Add eggs and mix. Add flour, soda, salt and mix. In a seperate bowl, mix up bananas, just until combined and add into your other mixture. Use beaters and mix until barely incorporated. I like to add chocolate chips, 1 cup for a batch this size.

Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake bread around 30 min. All ovens vary, so watch it after 20 min to see where yours is at. I was able to cook all 4 loaves at once.

From when I pulled out my recipe to when I was holding a slice in my hand was 1 hour. Pretty fast for a great warm treat. The boys will be so excited to have something yummy to enjoy as they tell me about their day at school. I love being a Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment