Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Almost Healthy Pancakes


Isn't it amazing that we have a society in which cake topped with grease and sugary brown substance has made it big as a "get your morning started right" breakfast?!? I, for one, love the pancake. I prefer it slightly cold. My husband likes them with peanut butter. My kids love them. Over the last few times I have served them, I have been adding wheat flour in place of white. This morning I am up to half wheat, half white. Soon, we'll be going the full monte. Add some fresh fruit for syrup, and what we have is some "Almost Healthy Pancakes."

INGREDIENTS
  1. 1 c White Flour & 1 c Wheat Flour
  2. 2 tsp. Stevia Sugar
  3. 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
  4. 1 tsp Baking Soda
  5. 1 1/2 tsp Salt
  6. 2 Eggs
  7. 1 c Milk
  8. 1 8 oz Plain or Vanilla Yogurt
Mix ingrediants all together in one bowl with a whisk until smooth. From pulling out my bowl to start to ending with a smooth batter took me 5 min. 3 sec. I used a stopwatch. Didn't take much longer than dumping that premix stuff from Western Family and the taste is well worth it.
Heat your pan at a low medium to cook these. Recipe will make about 10 4"X4" pancakes. Add blueberries, bananas, or whatever fruit you like to add some variety.

Syrup
  1. 1 C of blueberries/rasberries/strawberries...whatever you have in any combo
  2. Mirowave w/ a little sugar and lemon juice for about 2 min.
  3. Puree in blender or with a hand mixer
    My boys combine the maple with fruit syrup and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment