Monday, April 12, 2010

Perfect Cresent Rolls

There is nothing as delicious as homemade bread.  If you've never had it, go make it now.  I"m not talking about the stuff from a grocery story bakery.  I don't know what they do back there, but I swear they can't get homemade bread right.  My mom made home made bread for as long as I can remember.  She made it completely from scratch, right down to grinding her own wheat.  It was so so good, warm and inviting.  Thank you mom for years of service in the bread department.

Make sure you are going to be home all afternoon to make these, with at least 5 hours from the time you start to when you want to be serving them.  These are crisp on the outside, soft on the inside.  Everyone will be asking you for the recipe.  I got this recipe from Megan Gould from North Ogden.  Thank you Megan!



Cresent Rolls
1 Tbs. Yeast
1cup mashed potatoes
2/3 cup butter
1  Tbs. salt
1 1/2 cups warm water
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
6-7 cups flour



Put the water and yeast and about a TBS of sugar in your mixing bowl and let that sit for about 5 to 10 min.  Add the butter, eggs, potatoes and sugar, and mix.  Add the flour and salt, and hand need it all together to form a nice soft ball.  Let rise until double. (about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.)  Take the dough and divide into 4ths.   Roll into a circle, spread with butter, cut and roll into crescents. Let rise again and bake at 350.  Total rising time is around 3-4 hours, depending.  Don't overdo the butter, your rolls will go flat. They still taste good, but they are not as pretty.  I have tried just brushing on butter after they are rolled out and shaped into cresents.  Both ways work, but I like the second way best.


I had photos, but unfortunatley they were accidently deleted when I redid my operating system to Windows 7!  I love the new windows 7...just thought I"d share.  I'll make these again soon, I am sure, and will post a photo then.

No comments:

Post a Comment